News, information, lending rates and ideas on home buying mortgages and refinancing.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Are these so called foreclosure facts true?
"One out of five U.S. mortgage holders is now underwater, according to First American CoreLogic's latest review of 45 million mortgages in its database." Really? I find that hard to believe. I am a Realtor and in my area its not true. The average home is an midage brick ranch that's been owned for some time and is worth more than owned on it. If you drive the streets do you see every 5th home or every 10th home for sale as a probable foreclosure? No you do not. I have checked our MLS and I see maybe 1 in 25-50 showing as foreclosure sale. I realized we are better off than some areas but to say across this grand country, every 5th house is worth less than owned is the sky is falling talk. It simply may not be true and anyone can make any statistics say what they want. Bad news sell but if not correct is detrimental to the economy. How about a little good news once in a while?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment